2 cups fresh peas (or 2 cups frozen peas, thawed)
1 pound whole wheat pasta
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 lemon zest (grated)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups grape tomatoes
1. Heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling over high heat. Add pasta to boiling water and cook as label directs.
2. Add fresh peas to saucepot when pasta has 2 minutes cooking time remaining.
3. While pasta is cooking, in medium bowl, combine ricotta, parsley, Parmesan, lemon peel, salt and pepper; set aside.
4. In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until tomatoes burst and are heated through, shaking pan frequently. Remove skillet from heat.
5. Remove 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, set aside.
6. Drain pasta and peas.
7. To skillet with tomatoes, add pasta with fresh peas (or thawed frozen peas) and reserved cooking water; stir to combine.
8. Spoon into 6 bowls and top with ricotta mixture.Nutrition information: