6 eggplants, quartered with stem-ends removed
4 medium red potatoes, quartered
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
1 large yellow onion
2 fresh Thai chilies or one jalapeno, seeded and sliced thin
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons red curry paste
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling water until they are just tender.
2. Heat the oil in a Wok or large sauté pan and stir-fry the onions until they caramelize.
3. Add the cumin, curry pasta, and chilies and sauté another 30 seconds.
4. Add the eggplant, ginger, garlic, and potatoes, mixing well.
5. Cover with a lid and lower the heat.
6. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes and add the cilantro last.
7. Serve hot.