12 ounces frozen hash browns, country style (thawed)
1/2 cup green pepper (finely chopped, divided)
1/2 cup onion (finely chopped, divided)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 can evaporated milk, nonfat (12 ounces)
3/4 cups egg whites
1/2 cup cheese, reduced-fat sharp cheddar, shredded
1/2 cup cheese, reduced-fat Monterey Jack, shredded
1 cup spinach (washed and chopped, fresh)
1/2 cup tomatoes (chopped, fresh)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Wash your hands and work area.
3. In large bowl, combine hash browns, green pepper, 1/4 cup onion, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
4. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Press potato mixture into bottom.
5. Bake until lightly browned around edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
6. In large bowl, stir together evaporated milk, egg whites, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cheeses, spinach, remaining 1/4 cup onion, and tomatoes.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
8. Pour mixture over potato crust. Bake uncovered until center is set, 40 to 45 minutes.
9. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces. Serve hot.
10. Cover and refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.Nutrition information: