4 large ears yellow sweet corn-on-the-cob to yield 2 1/2 cups cut corn
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1 1/2 cups finely chopped ripe tomato
1 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Inspect corn on the cob and remove a few outer leaves and as much silk as possible without completely removing husk.
2. Wash and place on baking sheet, partially covered with aluminum foil, and bake on the middle rack in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 45 to 55 minutes.
3. Once corn is roasted, remove baking sheet and allow corn to cool.
4. Peel ears, removing all silk. If desired, place ears over and open flame (grill or gas stove), turn often, until somewhat colored.
5. Cool completely and cut kernels from ear. Corn should measure at least 2 1/2 cups.
6. Combine corn with chopped onion, tomato, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro.
7. Add olive oil and mix well. Add lime juice and cumin to taste; then stir in salt and ground pepper.
8. Cover and chill, allowing flavor to blend for about 15 minutes, or more.