2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup brown rice, short-grain
2 tablespoons pine nuts
20 ounces vegetable broth, low-sodium
12 ounce (1 1/2 cups) fresh or frozen winter squash, thawed and diced
2 cups kale, finely chopped
1. Heat oil in large, shallow saucepan over medium heat. Add salt, onion, garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in rice and pine nuts and toast for approximately 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add 1/2 cup broth. Cook on medium heat, stirring often until liquid is nearly absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally. Once liquid is absorbed, add diced squash and another 1/2 cup of broth, stirring often. Add additional broth in 1/2 cup increments.
4. Add the kale with the last 1/2 cup of broth. Cook mixture until broth is absorbed and kale is soft and bright green.
5. Serve.Nutrition information: