2 cinnamon sticks
1 1/2 cups Welch's 100% grape juice
4 Bosc or Bartlet pears, peeled and halved, leaving stem intact
2 strips orange rind
1. In a medium saucepan bring the grape juice, cinnamon and orange rind to a boil.
2. Place the pears upright with the stem on top into the saucepan and simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium to low heat.
3. Make sure to keep the pears moist by spooning the juice over them as they simmer.
4. Remove pears from the sauce, reserve and cool completely.
5. Simmer the remaining sauce and reduce it to about 1/3 of a cup. Remove from heat and cool. Drizzle the sauce over the pears when ready to serve and garnish with whipped cream or vanilla pudding.Nutrition information: