1 1/2 cup dry pinto beans (sorted and rinsed)
2 garlic (cloves, minced)
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup onion (chopped)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Cook beans and reserve some of the cooking liquid before draining.
2. Sauté onions and garlic in oil until onions become clear. Add a little water if vegetables stick.
3. Mash half of the beans, and add to onion and garlic. Continue to sauté for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Allow some of the mashed beans to brown.
4. Add cumin. Add remaining beans and continue cooking until they are warmed through.
5. Water or liquid from beans may be added to keep the beans soft and mushy.
Source: SNAP-ed Recipe Finder