- Shell and wash.
- Steam or water blanch.
- Preheat dehydrator following manufacturer instructions.
- Arrange prepared food on drying trays, leaving small spaces between pieces for good air circulation.
- Stir peas during drying to ensure even drying. Rotate trays if recommended by dehydrator manufacturer.
- Check for Dryness at the end of the minimum drying time, and then more frequently as drying progresses. Let a sample piece cool to room temperature before testing.
- Package dried foods in glass jars, food storage containers or plastic food storage bags in small amounts. Store containers in a cool, dark, dry area to maintain quality.
Steam blanching: 3 min
Water blanching: 2 min
Dry time: 8-10 hours
Test for dryness: Wrinkled, green
Colorado State University Cooperative Extension Publication no9.308, Preparation: Drying Vegetables