4 lbs collard greens
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. Rinse greens well and remove stems from leaves.
2. Cut leaves into 2-inch pieces.
3. In 8 quart saucepot, heat oil over MEDIUM heat until hot.
4. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or until golden, stirring constantly.
5. Add as many collard leaves as possible, broth, vinegar, salt, sugar, and crushed red pepper, stirring to wilt greens. Add remaining greens in batches.
6. Cover saucepot and cook greens 45 minutes or until very tender and most of liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.