1 medium spaghetti squash
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 can diced tomatoes, low-sodium, drained
1 tablespoon basil, chopped
1/8 teaspoon oregano
2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Pierce a few holes in the squash with a large knife. Place in the microwave on high for 7 to 10 minutes until the skin gives easily under pressure and the inside is tender.
2. Let cool for 10 minutes, then halve lengthwise or crosswise. Scoop out seeds and fibers and discard. Use a fork to scrape out the squash flesh. It will naturally separate into noodle-like strands.
3. While waiting for the squash to cool, sauté minced garlic in the olive oil until it's softened and fragrant.
4. Add the tomatoes, basil, and oregano to the garlic and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Spoon the garlic-tomato mixture on top of squash strands. Top with grated Parmesan and serve.