1 (15.5-ounce) can of butter beans, drained
2 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup diced green peppers
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans (14.5-ounce) low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup small shell pasta
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup croutons
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup basil
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add green peppers, carrots, and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add broth, pasta, basil, oregano, and pepper; bring boil.
4. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 12 minutes or until pasta and carrots are tender.
5. Add butter beans and tomatoes; simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
6. Place soup in serving bowls; top with croutons, Parmesan cheese, and basil.Nutrition information: