Quantity: 8 servings
1 acorn squash
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 small onion
1 15-ounce can low-sodium chili beans, rinsed and drained
1 15-ounce can gold and white whole kernel corn, drained
1 15-ounce can low-sodium vegetable broth
hot, cooked rice, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place squash directly on the oven rack and bake for 15 minutes, or until softened slightly.
3. When cool enough to handle, peel squash and cut into 1-inch chunks. Set aside.
4. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
5. Add onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the onion is golden, adding a splash of water to the pan after about 3 minutes to help the onions cook.
6. Add chili beans, corn, squash, and vegetable broth.
7. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
8. Serve over rice.