1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 cans (16 ounce) black beans, low sodium, rinsed and drained
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1. Heat squash in the microwave on high heat for 1-2 minutes to soften the skin.
2. Carefully peel the squash with a vegetable peeler or small knife. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
3. Peel and chop the onion.
4. In large pan, heat oil. Add onion, garlic powder, and squash. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
5. Add vinegar and water. Cook on low heat until the squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
6. Add the beans and oregano. Cook until beans are heated through. Serve.Nutrition information: