6 cups butternut squash, cubed
1 1/2 cups red peppers
1 tablespoon garlic, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 dashes salt
2 dashes pepper
1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, fat-free, shredded
6 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
1/2 cup green onions, trimmed and sliced thin
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
6 tablespoons onion, diced
3/4 cup tomatoes, diced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix the butternut squash, red pepper, and garlic with olive oil and salt and pepper.
3. Spread vegetables on a cookie sheet and roast for 20 minutes until they are cooked and slightly caramelized.
4. While the squash mixture is cooking, combine the diced tomatoes and onions. Add 1 tablespoon of cilantro. Set aside to be used as salsa.
5. Spread out tortillas on parchment-lined baking sheets. Place 1/4 cup mozzarella on one-half of each tortilla.
6. Distribute roasted squash mixture evenly on top of the cheese, followed by green onions and remaining cilantro. Fold tortillas in half to form quesadillas.
7. Place in a 200 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve with fresh salsa on the side of the quesadilla.