3 cups of Brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
3/4 cup vegetable broth
Salt and pepper as needed
1. Rinse the Brussels sprouts, drain, and trim the stem ends by cutting away a thin slice with a paring knife.
2. Cut a shallow X in each stem.
3. Pull away any loose or yellowed leaves.
4. Bring a large pot of salted (optional) water to a rolling boil over high heat.
5. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook until the tip of a paring knife goes into the stem end of the largest Brussels sprout easily, 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Drain a colander and reserve.
7. Return the pot to HIGH heat.
8. Add the vegetable broth and the mustard, whisking until the mustard is evenly blended into the broth.
9. Simmer until the mixture is lightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
10. Return the Brussels sprouts to the pot; stir or toss until evenly coated.
11. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
12. Serve at once in a heated bowl or on heated plates.Nutrition information: