2 pounds fresh rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter
- Over medium heat, cook the rhubarb and sugar until the rhubarb starts to break down, about 10 to 15 minutes. Mix in the vanilla extract and remove from heat.
- Put rhubarb mixture in 9"x 13" oven-safe dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, place the rolled oats, brown sugar and all purpose flour. Use 2 forks to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Sprinkle the crisp topping over the fruit. Bake for 30 minutes until the top is set and golden.