Quality: Choose young squash with tender skin.
1. Wash and cut in 1/2-inch slices.
2. Water blanch 3 minutes.
3. Cool promptly, drain, package, seal, and freeze. Remove as much air as possible from bags. If using rigid containers, leave 1/2-inch headspace.
Grated Zucchini (for Baking) – Choose young tender zucchini.
1. Wash and grate.
2. Steam blanch in small quantities 1 to 2 minutes until translucent.
3. Drain well and pack in containers in amounts needed for recipes.
4. Cool by placing the containers in cold water. Seal and freeze as above. If watery when thawed, discard the liquid before using the zucchini.