1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small leek (or green onion), cleaned and sliced
1 small onion, chopped
3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
6 cups low sodium, low-fat chicken stock
1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
10 teaspoons low-fat sour cream
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, sauté leek and onion for 3 minutes.
2. Add potatoes and asparagus, reserve 10 tips for garnish. Sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add stock and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
4. Working in batches, puree cooled soup in blender or food processor until smooth.
5. Return soup to saucepan and stir in Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend and lemon juice.
6. Blanch reserved asparagus tips.
7. Ladle soup into bowls, lay asparagus tip on top, garnish with sour cream.