2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced thin
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon chicken or vegetable broth, low-sodium
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
2 cups mustard greens, chopped and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) tomatoes, diced, sodium-free
1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), canned, sodium-free
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Steam peeled and sliced sweet potatoes for approximately 5-8 minutes in the microwave or a steamer.
2. While steaming potatoes, slice onion and garlic.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon broth on medium heat in 12-inch skillet. Add onions and sauté for about 5 minutes until translucent.
4. Add garlic, curry powder, turmeric and mustard greens. Cook, stirring occasionally until mustard greens are wilted (approximately 5 minutes).
5. Add garbanzo beans and diced tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Mash sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve mustard greens with mashed sweet potatoes.Nutrition information: