- Wash, stem, core. Remove "partitions." Cut into strips, slice or dice. No pretreament necessary.
- Preheat dehydrator following manufacturer instructions.
- Arrange prepared food on drying trays, leaving small spaces between pieces for good air circulation.
- Turn large pieces halfway through drying. Move pieces near sides of trays to the center or stir small pieces to ensure even drying. Rotate trays if recommended by dehydrator manufacturer.
- Check for dryness at the end of the minimum drying time, and then more frequently as drying progresses. Dehydrating time is 8 to 12 hours. Let a sample piece cool to room temperature before testing. Peppers should be brittle and leathery.
- Package dried foods in glass jars, food storage containers or plastic food storage bags in small amounts. Store containers in a cool, dark, dry area to maintain quality.
Dry time: 8-12 hours
Test for dryness: Leathery to brittle
So Easy to Preserve, 6th edition, 2020