Quantity: 6 servings
8 ounces colored corkscrew pasta
1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
3/4 cup jicama, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup chopped red onion
4 plums, sliced
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon pimiento, diced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
2 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
2. Rinse briefly under cold water and drain.
3. In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, red and yellow bell peppers, jicama, onion, and plums.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the basil, pimiento, ginger, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper until blended.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss until evenly coated.Nutrition information: