1 small bunch celery, to make 4 1/2 cups sliced
2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
2 teaspoons dried leaf thyme, crushed
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon slat
3/4 tablespoon butter, for garnish
2 teaspoons chopped herbs, for garnish
1. Cut celery stalks into diagonal slices about 1/4-inch wide.
2. In large saucepan, bring chicken broth to full boil over HIGH heat, adding chopped onion with herbs and seasonings.
3. Add sliced celery and return broth to simmer.
4. Reduce heat and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until barely tender.
5. Do not allow to lose full crispness.
6. Drain immediately and place in a serving bowl. Toss with butter and additional herbs. Serve hot.