1 cup acorn squash, cubed
2 chayote squash, diced
2 (about 1/2 cup) Anaheim peppers, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 medium green plantain, sliced
1 cup onion, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon cumin seed
1 teaspoon oregano, ground
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Warm the olive oil in a large Dutch oven. Add the onion and cook until translucent.
2. Add each of the vegetables at 2-minute intervals starting with the green plantains, then acorn squash, chayote, Anaheim chili and red pepper. Stir well.
3. Season with garlic, oregano, cumin, black pepper and salt.
4. Moisten the mixture with the orange juice. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Serve.Nutrition information: