1 lb butternut squash, peeled and seeded
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup cranberries, dried
6 ounces spinach leaves
1/2 cup walnut halves
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup (4 ounce) 100% apple juice
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons shallots, minced
3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/3 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel and cut squash into 1-inch chunks or cubes. Place on a sheet pan and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
3. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring once. Add cranberries to the pan for the last 5 minutes of roasting.
4. To prepare the vinaigrette, combine apple juice, vinegar, and shallots in saucepan and boil over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes, until the juice has reduced. Remove from stove and add the mustard and 1/3 cup of olive oil.
5. Place the spinach in a large bowl and add the roasted squash. Top with walnuts and grated Parmesan cheese. Spoon vinaigrette over the salad to lightly moisten and toss well. Serve.Nutrition information: