2 acorn squash, halved pole to pole and seeded
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- In 13- by 9-inch microwave-safe baking dish, place squash halves cut-sides down or arrange halves so that cut sides face out. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, using multiple sheets. With paring knife, poke about 4 steam vents in plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high power until squash is very tender, 15 to 25 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, heat broiler.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and brown sugar, whisking occasionally, until combined.
- When squash is cooked, carefully pull back plastic wrap. Transfer cooked squash cut-side up to rimmed baking sheet. Spoon portion of butter/sugar mixture onto each squash half. Broil until brown and caramelized, 5 to 8 minutes. Serve.